Saturday 20 December 2014

Festive cupcakes!

With only 6 days till Christmas to go. I decided to do some rather festive baking! I received some very cute Christmas themed cupcake cases and some little odd looking toppers to place on top of them!

The recipe that I used is one that I love, and have used for years. It simply consists of:
6oz butter
6oz sugar
2 eggs 
6oz self raising flour 
A dash of vanilla essence

To make these just simply whisk the sugar and butter, add the eggs individually, stir in the flour and add the vanilla.
I left them in the oven for around 15 minutes at 180 degrees.

After taking them out the oven they, as always smelt amazing and I used some betty crockers chocolate icing (which tastes amazing btw!) on top, then added the little toppers later to make them even more festive!

Overall these tasted amazing and Baking is one of my favourite things to do in my spare time! Especially when I feeling very festive. Next time I make these I definitely want to put mini candy canes on the cakes to make them look even cuter :)



 Lily x



1 comment: